1. What made you choose Marymount University for the pursuit of your Doctorate?
Having completed my M.Ed in ESL education at Marymount university, I was impressed with the support from the professors. As an alumnae, I knew first-hand how much the professors at Marymount care about each student and the support they provide.
2. What do you hope to accomplish by earning an Ed.D. degree?
By completing this Ed.D. program, I am learning about ways to be a better leader. This degree is helping me think more deeply about my work as a teacher leader in the field of education. My hope is that I am able to positively impact the field of education by supporting teachers and students so they become the best version of themselves.
3. Tell us a bit about your background up to this point – personal and/or professional.
Currently, I am a teacher in the field of ESL education. I am interested in supporting students and their families so they are able to learn English and receive the education they deserve. As an ESL teacher, I work to make sure students receive the academic and social-emotional support that best meets their needs.
4. What do you think of the Ed.D. program so far? Favorite topic or moment?
This program has allowed me to write about topics that are useful and valuable for me in my current role as an ESL teacher and leader.
5. What is the biggest highlight of your experience with the MU Ed.D. program? Faculty? Something else?
One aspect that is different about this program at Marymount is the fact that we work on our dissertation throughout each semester, with a course dedicated to receiving support and guidance each step of the way. In addition, the professors have been great. They provide continuous feedback and guidance in every way possible and in every course.