Doctor of Nursing Practice, Johns Hopkins University 2010
Master of Science in Nursing, University of Maryland, 1986
Bachelors of Science in Nursing University of Maryland, 1979
Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Family Nurse Practitioner Program
Pathophysiology, Health Assessment, Nursing Role Development
Patients with post-traumatic headaches, post-traumatic syndrome, and other headache disorders.
Dr. Moriarty is the Graduate Chair for Nursing at the Malek School for Health Professions. She directs the Doctor of Nursing Practice program and RN-BSN programs. As an adult nurse practitioner, she maintains a practice caring for headache patients.
- Director of The Bridge Program-national educational initiative directed towards nurse practitioners/physician assistants in primary care sponsored by the American Headache Society
- Chair of Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Special Interest Group 2012-2016.
- AANP Nurse Practitioner of the Year Award (2015) for District of Columbia
- Faculty of the Year Award from Marymount University (2015)
- Sigma Theta Tau-1978-present
- The Bridge: A comprehensive headache education program for nurse practitioners and physician assistants in primary care: One-day symposium designed, coordinated and presented on an on-going national basis.
- Moriarty, M. & Mallick-Searle, Theresa. Diagnosis and treatment of chronic migraines. Nurse Practitioner. 2016: 41(6): 18-32.
- Moriarty, M. Efficacy of an evidenced-based telephone triage protocol in an ambulatory headache practice. Poster presentation AHS scientific meeting, Washington, DC, 2011.
- Saper, J., Lake, A., Bain, P., Stillman, M., Rothrock, J., Mathew, N., Hamel, R., Moriarty, M., Tietjen, G., A practice guide for continuous opioid therapy for refractory daily headache: patient selection, physician requirements, and treatment monitoring.Headache. 2010;50(7):1175-1193.
- Moriarty, M. Developing telephone triage protocols in an ambulatory headache practice. Poster presentation AHS scientific meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2009.
- Ducic, I., Moriarty, M., Al-Attar, A. Anatomical variations of the occipital nerves: implications for the treatment of chronic headaches. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 123 (3): 859-63; discussion 864, Mar 2009.
03/19/2018 - DNP Works with Medically Underserved Population — Migraine Patients