- B.S., St. John’s University
- M.B.A., St. John's University
- Ed.D., Nova Southeastern University
- Teaching licensure in Secondary English
- Additional graduate coursework, George Mason University
- Teacher Preparation
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- Teaching Methods
- Peer Coaching in the Professoriate
- Educational Leadership
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Accreditation and Program Evaluation
Dr. Lisa Turissini spent 15 years as a teacher, school principal, and executive vice president of schools for a non-profit organization. As president of an educational consulting company, she conducted staff and faculty leadership development, evaluated educational programs, and developed curricula.
Lisa joined Marymount University in 2004 as an adjunct professor and University Supervisor of student teachers. She was the Education Coordinator for the M.Ed. cohort at Marymount's Reston Center from 2007-2012. In 2013, she joined the full-time faculty as Chair of the education department.
Lisa is dedicated to preparing the most effective and passionate educators and educational leaders who are able to serve today’s diverse communities. She teaches and advises both UG and GRAD students. She oversees the teacher preparation programs’ accreditation through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the Virginia Department of Education’s (VDOE) licensure processes and is a CAEP site visitor and VDOE licensing agent.