Program Features | Admissions Requirements | Clinical Placement | Curriculum | FAQs
Family Nurse Practitioner – Post-Master’s Certification – Online Program
*Please visit our program offerings by state page to see whether the FNP Post-Master's Certificate program is available in your area.
Broaden Your Capacity for Care as a Family Nurse Practitioner
Reach your goal to provide primary care for individuals, families and communities throughout the lifespan as a Family Nurse Practitioner with Marymount’s FNP Post-Master's Certification (PMC FNP). Build on your Master’s in Nursing knowledge to optimize patient care with an in-depth study including clinical experiences that cover acute and chronic illnesses throughout the life cycle. Master healthcare technologies, principles of interprofessional collaboration and ethical standards.
The FNP Post-Master’s Certificate program features a flexible, online format perfect for the working nurse. It can be completed in 20 months and prepares you to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) FNP certification exam.
- 30 credit hours/8 courses
- 700 clinical hours/2 campus residencies
- 5 semesters/ 20 months to complete
- 14-week semesters
- Values-based education located in Virginia
- Clinical placement services at no additional cost
- 3 intakes per year
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with 3.0 GPA
- Unencumbered nursing license
- Two letters of recommendation
Specialize in Primary Care to Serve a Broad Population
Marymount’s online Post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate is focused on holistic, compassionate care and patient advocacy. After successfully completing the program, you will be able to:
- Translate theory into practice for diverse populations
- Utilize systems strategies to promote high quality care
- Optimize patient care using evidence-informed clinical practice and healthcare technologies
- Influence healthcare policy development, regulation, and finance
- Apply clinical strategies to reduce risk of disease and chronic illness
- Demonstrate advanced practice competencies to deliver safe, quality care
- Integrate professional and ethical standards in advanced nursing practice
Why an Online Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate?
As a professional nurse with an MSN, you know that the healthcare landscape is complex and ever changing. By 2033, the U.S. is expected to be short by as many as 139,000 physicians. Family nurse practitioners are needed now more than ever.
Online post-master's FNP programs like Marymount’s offer you the unique opportunity to balance work and schooling to achieve your career goals. The FNP Post-Master's Certificate program at Marymount provides a convenient, part-time pace and full support from your Enrollment Advisor, Student Success Advisor, Clinical Placement Services team and engaged faculty.
"I would absolutely recommend Marymount University to someone considering a nursing degree. The personal attention you receive is unmatched."
- Angeline Thomas