Program Features | Admissions Requirements | Clinical Placement | Curriculum | FAQs
Online Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner Program
*Please visit our program offerings by state page to see whether the MSN-FNP program is available in your area.
Earn Your MSN-FNP Degree Online. Advance Your Education While You Work.
Marymount’s CCNE-accredited online MSN-FNP degree program equips students with the knowledge and skills needed to become a licensed family nurse practitioner, using a curriculum that is strongly focused on ethics and evidence-informed care. Designed for BSN-prepared nurses, the MSN-FNP coursework is 100% online so you can continue to work while advancing your education.
In just over two years, you can graduate fully prepared to sit for the AANP or ANCC FNP certification exam and start your career as a compassionate primary care provider for individuals and families across the lifespan.
Program Features At a Glance
- CCNE-accredited and U.S. News & World Report ranked program
- Recognized as a College of Distinction for Nursing
- Top 15% nursing program for veterans and Top 15% nursing program for non-traditional students (College Factual)
- Clinical Placement Services offered free of charge
- On-campus residency connects you with your peers and instructors
- No GRE/GMAT required
- Total Credit Hours: 45
- Total Clinical Hours: 750
- Note: Our online MSN-FNP program is offered on a part time only basis
- BSN from a regionally accredited institution with 3.0 GPA
- RN license (unencumbered)
- One (1) year of full-time experience as a practicing professional nurse by the first day of class
"I would absolutely recommend Marymount University to someone considering a nursing degree. The personal attention you receive is unmatched."
- Angeline Thomas
Expert Faculty, Unmatched Student Support
Learn from practicing FNPs who are experts in their field, as you translate theoretical knowledge from the sciences and humanities into the delivery of advanced nursing care to diverse populations. Benefit from access to a dedicated Student Support Advisor who will work with you every step of the way to ensure that you have the resources needed to successfully complete your degree.
Clinical Placement, The Easy Way
Don’t worry about having to find a placement site and preceptor to complete your clinical experience requirements. Let us do the work for you at no additional cost. Marymount’s clinical placement team coordinates all aspects of the clinical placement process. Our goal is to secure you a placement site and preceptor within a reasonable distance of where you live.